As anyone who has experienced pain can attest, it can be debilitating, all-consuming, and drastically impact one’s quality of life. Finding relief can be a long and difficult journey, especially if the root cause of the pain is not accurately diagnosed. At New Jersey Back Center, our team of board-certified interventional pain specialists is dedicated to providing minimally invasive pain treatments that get to the root cause of the problem without relying on opioids or surgery.
Types of Pain and How Pain Management Doctors Can Help
Pain can manifest in a variety of ways, from chronic to acute, dull to sharp, and from localized to generalized. Chronic pain is defined as pain that persists for longer than three months and can be caused by a range of underlying medical conditions, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and neuropathy. Acute pain is often caused by injury, surgery, or illness and typically resolves on its own within a few weeks.
Pain management doctors specialize in diagnosing and treating both acute and chronic pain using a range of techniques and modalities. At New Jersey Back Center, we utilize minimally invasive treatments that address the root cause of the pain, such as nerve stimulation and spinal cord stimulation, without relying on opioids or surgeries.
Minimally Invasive Pain Treatments
At New Jersey Back Center, we pride ourselves on offering a range of minimally invasive pain treatments that are both effective and safe. Some of the treatments we offer include:
- Nerve Stimulation: This technique is a minimally invasive procedure that can be highly effective in providing relief for chronic pain conditions. During the procedure, a small device is implanted under the skin near the affected nerves. The device sends electrical impulses to the affected nerves, which interrupt the pain signals being sent to the brain. This can provide long-lasting relief for patients suffering from conditions such as chronic back pain, neuropathy, and other nerve-related pain conditions.
- Spinal Cord Stimulation: Spinal cord stimulation is a similar technique to nerve stimulation, but instead of implanting a device near the affected nerves, a small device is implanted in the epidural space near the spinal cord. The device delivers electrical impulses to the spinal cord, which blocks the pain signals from reaching the brain. This can be an effective treatment for conditions such as failed back surgery syndrome, chronic back pain, and other nerve-related pain conditions.
- Muscle Relaxants: Muscle relaxants can be an effective treatment for pain caused by muscle spasms and tension. These medications work by relaxing the muscles, which can help reduce pain and improve mobility. At New Jersey Back Center, we offer a range of muscle relaxants that are safe and effective. Our doctors work closely with patients to determine the best treatment plan based on their specific needs and medical history.
- Physical Therapy: In some cases, physical therapy can be an effective treatment for pain management. Physical therapy can help improve mobility, flexibility, and strength, which can help reduce pain and prevent future injuries. Our team works closely with physical therapists to develop individualized treatment plans for our patients. We believe in taking a multidisciplinary approach to pain management and work with a team of healthcare professionals to provide comprehensive care.
- Other Techniques: In addition to nerve stimulation, spinal cord stimulation, muscle relaxants, and physical therapy, we also offer a range of other techniques to help manage pain. Joint injections can be an effective treatment for conditions such as arthritis, bursitis, and tendonitis. Trigger point injections can be effective for treating pain caused by muscle knots or trigger points. Epidural steroid injections can be an effective treatment for conditions such as herniated discs and spinal stenosis.
Board-Certified Interventional Pain Specialists
At New Jersey Back Center, our team of board-certified interventional pain specialists is dedicated to providing safe and effective pain management treatments. Our doctors have completed extensive training in pain management and use their expertise to diagnose and treat a wide range of pain conditions. We pride ourselves on staying up-to-date with the latest advances in pain medicine to provide our patients with the best possible care.
Free Insurance Verification
At New Jersey Back Center, we understand that navigating the insurance process can be daunting. That’s why we offer free insurance verification before your first appointment. We’ll work with your insurance provider to determine your coverage and ensure that you’re fully informed about your treatment options.
At New Jersey Back Center, we are committed to providing accessible pain management services to patients throughout the state. That’s why we have several convenient locations in Clifton, West Orange, Paramus, and Woodland Park.
- Our Clifton location is situated on Route 46-E, right off NJ -3, and near the garden state parkway. The clinic has plenty of parking, and it’s located just past the Ford dealership.
- Our West Orange location is situated on Pleasant Valley Way, near the West Orange High School and the Wilshire Grand Hotel. The clinic is located in the same medical office as Twinboro Physical Therapy and Dr. Michael Rieber/Orthopedics Unlimited.
- Our Paramus location is situated just off NJ-17 and just off the Garden State Parkway. The clinic has plenty of parking spaces, and it’s located next door to Bob’s Furniture. It’s also near the Paramus Park Mall and close to Garden State Plaza.
- Our Woodland Park location is situated on McBride Avenue, close to Garden State Plaza. All of our clinics are easily accessible and offer ample parking for our patients, so you can get the care you need without any hassle.
Pain can be a debilitating and all-consuming experience, but it doesn’t have to be. At New Jersey Back Center, our team of board-certified interventional pain specialists is dedicated to providing safe and effective minimally invasive pain treatments that get to the root cause of the problem without relying on opioids or surgeries. Contact us to schedule an appointment and take the first step toward living a pain-free life.